Cedar Centre respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting it.
All Cedar Centre employees, volunteers, suppliers and contractors are required to comply with privacy policies designed to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Our employees and volunteers are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. We protect your personal information with safeguards appropriate to its sensitivity and ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered.
We only collect and use your personal information with your knowledge and consent and limit the purposes to the following:
The purpose of collecting personal information from program participants (and their legal guardian, where appropriate) is to:
- enroll participants in programs;
- consult with other services providers to seek information and/or provide services, when appropriate;
- better understand our participants so that we can better meet their needs and those of future participants;
- keep participants informed about programs, services, special events and opportunities to volunteer or to give;
- allow effective administration of Cedar Centre and its policies.
Financial donors, event participants and sponsors
The purpose for collecting personal information about financial donors, event participants and sponsors is to:
- thank them for their financial support, including listing names for donor recognition;
- maintain tax records as required by law;
- send out charitable donation receipts;
- establish and maintain harmonious donor relationships;
- keep them informed about programs, services, special events and opportunities to volunteer or to give;
- respond to a request made by a lawful authority or for other purposes required by law.
We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists, nor will we disclose your personal information without your knowledge and consent, unless required by law.
Cedar Centre strives to provide a quality service and would like to hear from its participants, community partners and members of the public about their experiences with the Centre and its services.
Who should you contact?
Centre participants, community partners and members of the public are invited to share or send comments or compliments about their experience with our service with their Cedar Centre contact or through the Centre’s general information email at: [email protected]
The Centre will provide an appropriate interpreter to any participant who may prefer to have their concerns heard or complaint dealt with in a language other than English.
Initial complaints will be treated as confidential information and only shared with the individuals involved in the matter at hand. The individual against whom the complaint is filed will be advised of the specifics of the complaint.
The Centre will maintain a record of all complaints received, including status updates and final outcomes.